Remodeling a bathroom can do a lot to instantly improve the value of your home and your quality of life. If the remodel is done well, it can brighten your room, give you more space, improve the bathroom’s functionality, and significantly increase your home’s resale value. However, like any home remodel, a bathroom remodel is something you want to invest in carefully. This is why it is always best to work with an experienced and trustworthy bathroom remodeling contractor. Remember the following tips when searching for an excellent contractor for your project.
Start With a Clear Plan
Before you reach out to a bathroom remodeling contractor:
- Gather your thoughts and determine what you want for your bathroom.
- Write down your goals along with any specific features you want.
- Consider your budget and expected timeline and whether you may need any assistance beyond a professional contractor.
Find Excellent Bathroom Remodeling Contractors
As you begin your search for your next contractor, remember what qualifications your contractor must possess. A general contractor must have the minimum qualifications of a valid contractor license and current insurance coverage. Additionally, you will also, of course, want to know whether the contractor has experience with successful bathroom remodels.
Sometimes personal referrals can provide the best leads for remodeling contractors. Ask any friends or family who had remodeling projects done recently whether they would recommend their contractor. It can help you significantly to receive a recommendation from someone you trust.
Once you have created a list of potential bathroom remodeling contractors, it’s time to narrow your search. Contact each potential contractor with a brief overview of your project, and ask them a few questions about their business. Consider asking the following questions:
- Can I have a list of references from recent projects?
- Will employees or subcontractors work on the project?
- Are you and your employees certified in remodeling, or had any special training or education related to bathroom remodeling?
- Are you licensed and insured? Please provide your license number and certificate of insurance.
- What are your payment expectations?
Speak With The Contractor’s References
After conducting interviews, confirm any information provided. Then, you can contact the state licensing board to verify the status of their contractor license. Therefore, you can also check with the insurance carrier to confirm that they are up to date. Then, you can reach out to their references for more information. You may want to ask the following:
- When was your project completed?
- How satisfied are you with the work?
- Did your project run over budget?
- Was the contractor professional and courteous?
- Would you work with this contractor again?
Information from these references can help you decide which contractor is best for you. Once you have found a bathroom remodeling contractor you can trust, you are on your way to enjoying your brand-new bathroom.
Call Bowen Remodeling & Design
Are you ready to remodel your bathroom? The team at Bowen Remodeling & Design can help! We make your dream bathroom a reality with our simple, four-step bathroom remodeling process.
Bowen Remodeling & Design specializes in kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Annapolis, Severna Park, Edgewater, Crownsville, Arnold, Millersville, Laurel, Odenton, Bowie, Clarksville, Columbia, Ellicott City, and surrounding areas!
As a family-owned and operated business, Bowen Remodeling commits to providing extraordinary home improvement services with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. For a free estimate, give us a call at 410-451-5928 and visit our showroom in Crofton, Maryland! For more information, follow Bowen Remodeling on Facebook and Twitter.