When it comes to choosing a bathtub for your bathroom, there are several options to consider, and one of the most popular choices in recent years has been freestanding tubs. These elegant, standalone fixtures have gained popularity for their aesthetic appeal and luxurious feel, but they also come with their own set of pros and cons.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Freestanding tubs are often the focal point of a bathroom. Their elegant, sculptural designs add a touch of luxury and sophistication to any space. They come in various shapes, sizes, and materials, allowing you to choose a style that complements your bathroom’s overall design.
- Versatility: Freestanding tubs can be placed anywhere in the bathroom, which offers flexibility in terms of layout and design. You can position the tub near a window to enjoy a view or create a statement piece in the center of the room.
- Easy Installation: Unlike built-in tubs, freestanding tubs are relatively easy to install. They don’t require a surrounding enclosure or complex plumbing, making them a practical choice for bathroom renovations.
- Accessibility: Freestanding tubs often have higher sides, which can make entry and exit easier for some individuals, especially those with mobility issues. This feature can enhance accessibility and safety in your bathroom.
- Spa-Like Experience: Soaking in a freestanding tub can provide a spa-like experience. The design and depth of these tubs allow for a deep soak, and many come with ergonomic shapes for added comfort during your baths.
- Heat Retention: Depending on the material, freestanding tubs can retain heat well, keeping your bathwater warm for longer. This can save on water and energy costs compared to traditional tubs that may require more frequent hot water top-offs.
- Space Requirements: Freestanding tubs require more floor space than built-in options. If you have a small bathroom, it may be challenging to accommodate one without sacrificing other features or fixtures.
- Cost: High-quality freestanding tubs can be expensive. They often require custom plumbing and may also involve additional structural changes to your bathroom, which can increase the overall cost of your renovation project.
- Cleaning Challenges: The space around a freestanding tub can be harder to clean, as dust and dirt can accumulate underneath and around the tub. You’ll need to be diligent in maintaining cleanliness in this area.
- Water Splashing: Depending on the design and the bather’s position, freestanding tubs can be prone to water splashing outside the tub. Consider using splash guards or a strategically placed shower curtain to address this issue.
- Limited Storage: Freestanding tubs often lack built-in storage options, such as shelves or alcoves for soaps and bath products. You may need to find alternative storage solutions within your bathroom.
- Plumbing Considerations: The exposed plumbing of a freestanding tub can be visually appealing but may require regular maintenance and cleaning to prevent corrosion or unsightly build-up. Make sure you have access to the plumbing for maintenance and repairs.
Call Bowen Remodeling & Design
Are you ready to remodel your bathroom? The team at Bowen Remodeling & Design can help! We make your dream bathroom a reality with our simple, four-step bathroom remodeling process.
Bowen Remodeling & Design specializes in kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Annapolis, Severna Park, Edgewater, Crownsville, Arnold, Millersville, Laurel, Odenton, Bowie, Clarksville, Columbia, Ellicott City, and surrounding areas!
As a family-owned and operated business, Bowen Remodeling commits to providing extraordinary home improvement services with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. For a free estimate, give us a call at 410-451-5928 and visit our showroom in Crofton, Maryland! For more information, follow Bowen Remodeling on Facebook and Twitter!