A particularly well-designed kitchen can serve up aesthetic delights to match its culinary ones. With the amount of time we tend to spend in our kitchens, it’s only natural to want an attractive, cohesive “look” for the environment that adds more than a mere pinch of character… Something to captivate first-time and long-time guests alike—and maybe even distract you from the monotony of plugging away at a sink-loads of dirty dishes.
As with any industry steeped in the sleek and the chic, kitchen design is ever-subject to shifting trends. These can be tough enough to keep track of, let alone incorporate. For some hot tips on what’s cooking in 2022 kitchen design, just follow along with this quick guide.
The “Centerpiece” Oven!
- This year, induction oven ranges are surging in popularity.
- These fully electric alternative to more traditional gas models look great, are great “multitaskers,” and even help reduce one’s carbon footprint.
- That said, they tend to be pretty pricey. If you’re planning to sell your home in the not-too-distant future, though, an induction oven may prove to be an investment that pays off handsomely.
- All-white or otherwise monochrome kitchens were once the standard. Nowadays, this look comes across more sterile than stylish.
- Vibrant color choices are an emerging trend. Navy blue cabinet panels? Absolutely! Cerulean ceiling fans? Sure! Periwinkle pantry doors? Possibly!—but the current broad preference seems to be for darker/richer colors that complement lighter or more neutral tones in close proximity.
- Of course, some measure of moderation and coordination are key to successfully pulling off a bold color move.
- A variety of textures is a stylistically-sound design alternative for those still leaning more color-conservative.
- Quality kitchen design has relied on a well-blended balance of materials, and 2022 has given rise to exciting innovations on this principle.
- Wood tones, particularly lighter ones, are a big draw right now. But stone is equally so! Harmonious co-existence of potentially clashing components really puts the “art” in your state-of-the-art kitchen.
Curvaceous Kitchen Design!
- From light fixtures to tile arrangements, tastefully-incorporated curves are frequently spotted at contemporary house reveals and on home remodeling programs. This year, curvy kitchens are current kitchens.
Call Bowen Remodeling & Design
Are you ready to remodel your bathroom? The team at Bowen Remodeling & Design can help! We make your dream bathroom a reality with our simple, four-step bathroom remodeling process.
Bowen Remodeling & Design specializes in kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Annapolis, Severna Park, Edgewater, Crownsville, Arnold, Millersville, Laurel, Odenton, Bowie, Clarksville, Columbia, Ellicott City, and surrounding areas!
As a family-owned and operated business, Bowen Remodeling commits to providing extraordinary home improvement services with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. For a free estimate, give us a call at 410-451-5928 and visit our showroom in Crofton, Maryland! For more information, follow Bowen Remodeling on Facebook and Twitter!